Saturday, May 30, 2009

Family Vacation: Day Three



On the third day of vacation my true love gave to me....a day at the beach! We had such a fantastic time visiting Newport Beach. The first thing the girls did was run into the ocean without their swimsuits, and we had to buy them all new clothes. I wasn't planning to play in the water until afternoon....with our suits, but they had other ideas. It was so fun to watch them. Olivia's shorts finally became so heavy they fell off. Some of my favorite pictures were taken during this time. I love all the pictures of Kirk playing with the girls.

We had planned to take a ferry to Balboa Island, but decided to take a harbor boat tour instead. It was fun to see all the houses on the water and the girls loved seeing all the Sea Lions. It was mating season so they were all very vocal. Kirk thought it was so funny every time we saw some Sea Lions on one of the very expensive boats. Our tour guide informed us that it's not uncommon for Sea Lions to have a party on a boat, and sink it! I couldn't believe how many Sea Lions had squished themselves on the buoy.

After the harbor tour, we went back to the beach with our suits. We had a blast! Olivia didn't even care when she was smacked in the face with a few waves...she would smile and say "again!" Izabella and I were knocked over by a couple of big waves. It was so fun and sunny...and we were all pooped! Another amazing day on vacation in California!

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

What a fun adventure!! I wish I would have known there were Sea Lions to see in Newport Beach, but then again, we wouldn't have been in time for mating season :)

(That's funny to hear about having to buy new clothes. We had to do the same for Katleyn!)