Thursday, February 25, 2010

Christmas in Brazil




We had a wonderful Christmas party at the Fazenda with the whole family. It was wonderful to see everyone again after 10 years, and I had fun introducing them to my beautiful girls. Everyone is so kind and luckily many of them speak English. The best part for me was seeing my girls' faces as the cook set out the roast pig. The whole roast pig complete with an apple in the mouth. They turned to me and said "I'm not eating that!" The feast was fantastic and the cooks pulled out all the stops with all kinds of different dishes and desserts to try.

After dinner, Papai Noel came to give out presents. The children were called over and over. I did not expect them to receive so much. They each received a new dress, hair things, jewelry, toys and purses. I even received a beautiful new necklace. It was a wonderful evening, and the girls had an amazing time.


Our beautiful, kind, amazing hostess....Elsa


Olivia wasn't afraid at all...except...
she couldn't understand a word he was saying!



Bella was super excited to be getting Brazilian gifts


Monique is always ready to pose for a picture!


This dogs' name is Meanie....
she earns her name!



I think someone is getting tired


Kirk's dad getting a gift.


Not my favorite picture of me, but it proves I was there!

2 comments:

Gilbrides said...

What an exciting Christmas. What a wonderful experience for your kids. I'm sure they'll remember it with fondness forever!! (I think that's a great picture of you--you are so pretty!)

PS. I think you're crafty, but I KNOW you are the Terrific Cooking Mom, the Amazing Cake Decorating Mom, and the Fantastic Seamstress Mom. (I'm hoping to one day buck up and learn how to sew so I can do even more!)

TammaRamma said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! And I also like that picture of you, it's cute!
It was hard to tell who was more tired, Kirk or Olivia! I think I will have to get out of photography for me to start enjoying Christmas again! Ha ha ha!