Friday, February 19, 2010

Fazenda (Ranch)




Our first destination in Brazil was the Fazenda. I was really grateful for this wonderful, peaceful place to relax and recuperate after a long journey. All the adults kept sending me to bed to finish getting over my illness. It was amazingly beautiful, and the children had plenty of space to run around and play. The weather was great, and we were even able to sit on the porch and experience a summer rain storm. It was the perfect start to an amazing adventure!


Climbing a fallen tree


Kirk and his Kirky picture pose!


This was taken about an hour after we arrived.
Yup, they look like tired kids, but glad to have some freedom!



Tired but happy!


One of the highlights for the kids was the horseback riding. Izabella was in heaven, and Monique couldn't wait to go. Unfortunately, Olivia fell asleep right before everyone was ready to go, so I stayed behind with her while everyone else went to see the horses. I think she must have been really tired because she asked if she could go to bed. That was a first!







Thanks to my sister-in-law for taking these pictures,
otherwise I wouldn't have any of the riding.


We're off to a fantastic start!

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

What a beautiful place. And what else could be more exciting than riding horses?? So fun!!