Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BELLA'S BAPTISM




Because her birthday was on a Saturday this year, Bella was able to be baptized on her birthday. What a lucky girl. I'm sure she will always remember what a special day it was. After the birthday festivities in the morning, we had much too much to do to finish getting ready for the baptism. (Mainly because I'm a space head!) We don't have Stake baptisms, so it is all on us to make it happen. ( I don't know why I say us, when I really mean me....but I'm trying to be polite!) The baptism was at 3:00 pm, so I was hoping Olivia would get a nap, but alas, it was not to be. She was very cranky by the time we arrived at the Stake Center. Luckily, I have great friends who provided all the refreshments, and having my family around really helped with all the little details. Kirk performed the baptism and conformation, Michael gave a talk on baptism, Grandpa spoke about the Holy Ghost, Grandma and Jean sang a beautiful song, and because I am the Primary President, I was able to be the first to welcome her as new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a really special, emotional experience for me. Oh, and Monique said the closing prayer.
(She did a great job too!)

Kirk was nervous and spoke really fast, and suddenly she was already coming out of the water. When she came up the stairs to me, she said, "he did it so fast, my eyes were still open!"

It was wonderful to see Bella make such a good choice, and it also made me feel really old. I didn't realize I was old enough to have a child getting baptized. Where does the time go?
I need a pause button, just for a minute so I can catch up.

After the baptism, we all went to Country Buffet (Bella's favorite restaurant) for a birthday dinner. We had quite the crew of people, and I felt bad for our table clearer lady! We were a mess. By the time we came back home, we were all very tired and ready for bed.

Thanks Grandpa, Jean, Michael, Seth, Jessica, Corbin, and Grandma Smith for traveling here to be with us on Bella's special day. And thanks to all our friends who helped and supported us.
You guys are awesome.

Oh, and a BIG thank you to the Bishop for making the water nice and warm!


Try not to look too excited guys.


Izabella & Monique


Izabella & her best friend Samantha


Kirk, Izabella & the Bishop


Bella did not want me to take so many pictures. So, this is what you get.


Thanks for the beautiful cake Chas. I know Izabella will always remember it.


Olivia throwing a tantrum because we won't let her have any more cake.




AAAAAHHHHH....What a cute family!

3 comments:

karen said...

AWESOME. We would have loved to be there if we were still there. Im glad she had such a great day. I love her picture and of olivia wandering away. too cute. Happy birthday Bella.

Stacey said...

How lucky is she to be Baptized on her Birthday! Dakota said that waiting a month is going to take "FOREVER" I feel bad but Chad didn't want to miss it, of course, and we wanted him to be there too... I also am excited for him. I also have to come up with everything for the program but we only have a 30 minute slot for EVERYTHING so it will be a short but sweet program. Congradulations Bella!!!

Mel said...

Congrats Bella! I wish we could have been there!