Tuesday, December 16, 2008

IT'S GREAT TO BE EIGHT!




FINALLY! Izabella finally had her eighth birthday. She thought she would die before it came. According to her, life begins at eight. She gets to be baptized, go to activity days, and now she's not the only 7-year old in her CTR 8 class.
It's been a long wait, but I think she feels it was worth it.

Because this is such a special birthday, many people came to be with her, and give her too many gifts. The party started the night before when she slept over at the hotel with Grandpa, Dad and Monique. When she came home in the morning, I made her wait outside until Kirk came home with Jean & Michael. (they stayed at my wonderful friends' home) Good thing it wasn't too cold!


Izabella's face as she saw her new bike




She was so happy we it wasn't PINK! (we looked all over and finally found a blue one.)




Grandma Smith gave her a set of her very own BLUE scriptures Thanks Grandma!



Jean, Michael & Seth gave her a "Cheetah" shirt (which she put on right away) and $10.00.
HURRAY! More money to go shopping with!



Grandpa, Grandma & David gave her a Nintendo DS and a really fun game with Sorry, Battleship, Connect Four, and Trouble. Even the adults liked that gift!



After the busy day, we decided to wait until the next day for cake. So, we had a nice dinner and her favorite cake. She doesn't really like frosting, so she always picks a cake with whip cream instead of frosting. Mommy is so smart, I started with 7 candles on the cake. Luckily, Michael came in and reminded me of how old my daughter really is, and I fixed it before Izabella could see what I dumb dumb I am!


I love this little girl, and I'm so proud of her. She is such a good helper, and loves her little sisters like crazy. She's creative, active, and ready for anything.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!


3 comments:

Gilbrides said...

Wow--I can't believe she is 8. I remember you bringing her into work one day when she was like 2! I can totally understand not putting enough candles on the cake :) She is so beautiful! I know how she feels in having a birthday behind everyone else and being the last one in your class to be baptized. (In fact, I was the only one in my primary class from July until December waiting to go into Young Women's) I am sure it was worth the wait.

TammaRamma said...

Murphy is excited for his 8th birthday too! Only 11 more months to go! He's excited to get baptized and go to cub scouts, he keeps saying he wishes he was 8! I can hardly believe he's 7, it's going by too fast. Bella's beautiful, and tell her happy birthday from us!

Stacey said...

Shelby also looked everywhere for a Blue bike. She hates everything girly. Hopefully it won't last too long. Dakota also turned 8 in November but we are Baptizing him in January since Chad had to be out of town. He was SO SAD that he had to wait, he also is very excited. It is good to be 8!!