Friday, November 6, 2009

GOING HOME

After 3 weeks in Utah, it was time to go home. The children needed to get ready for school to start, and honestly, it was just time. Although I love all my Utah peeps, I wanted my own bed back. We decided to do the drive home in two days. I could have done it all in one, but I didn't want to get the "crazy, cranky mom" award by the time we made it home. Kirk's dad decided to drive to Flaming Gorge with us, and of course, the children wanted to ride with him, so I didn't have much company. Kirk met us in Grand Junction. Once we hit the hotel, I just wanted to go to sleep, but the children wanted to play! Finally, around 10:00 p.m. we had all the children asleep.

The next morning I was ready to go, but everyone else wanted to play. We had some breakfast and I finally convinced everyone to get on the road. All the girls wanted to ride with Kirk, so I was by myself. It was kind of fun to listed to my music and sing as loud as I wanted without little girls telling me, "you're too loud!"

On the way home, we found this great little store off some obscure exit. The had some fun things for the kids to do, and I bought boxes of yummy peaches to bring home and can. I was super excited about the peaches, and the kids were finally able to play for a little while.


Playing in the corn kernels
You'd think it would be cleaner than sand, but these kids were filthy after.




Good Ol' John Deere

1 comment:

TammaRamma said...

Yippy for being able to sing as loud as you want! When I sing, Jared asks me if I'm trying to sing off key! Glad you're finally blogging about the summer!