Sunday, November 8, 2009


LABORING AT THE GORGE

My Dad has a couple little houses in Manilla, UT (which, of course, is right by Flaming Gorge) so, over Labor Day we went for a little visit. I was really excited because my Uncle Mike and my cousin Mikey were going to be there. I haven't seen my Uncle since my brothers' funeral, and I haven't seen Mikey in probably 20 years. (Am I really that old?)

Anyway, it was nice to finally get my sisters' trailer out of my back yard. I told my dad I was bringing it (since he's the one who bought it for them) and he could keep it in his back yard for awhile. It took forever to get all the lights working, new tires, etc... but we were finally on our way. Now, if any of you remember all our adventures in camping, you would know that we do not have good luck hauling trailers ANYWHERE. An hour from home, a nice guy pulled up to the side to let us know that one of our trailer tires was about to come off. We pulled over and sure enough, I had forgotten to finish tightening the lug nuts when I changed the tire. After that, we didn't have any problems until I was pulled over in Green River, WY ( only 40 minutes from our destination) because the lights on the trailer had gone out. Apparently, they have a short. Luckily, the policewoman was really nice, I managed to get the lights working, and we were on our way.

WE MADE IT!

We finally made it to my Dad's and went straight to bed! (we were so tired) We had a really great time for the next couple of days (even though Kirk forgot to pack pants!) and it was fun to be with everyone!


Cute Cousins!


Hiking with Grandpa


I love this picture. Olivia had a really hard time warming up to my dad, but during this hike the two of them bonded, and he helped her up and down the mountain.
(Carrying her most of the way!)


Grandpa helped Monique find a cool rock


Ugh! It's bright out here.

ON THE WAY HOME...

Luckily, this is what the children looked like most of the way home.







It was a great trip, thanks for having us dad!


1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

So glad you got the trailer working, and to your destination safely! That's too funny Kirk forgot to pack pants. . sounds like something I would do :)