Monday, April 12, 2010

A Break

After having surgery and basically being bed ridden for 6 weeks, I really needed a break from my house. We decided to head down to Colorado Springs just for one night. Kirk took the day off, and we loaded the kids up in the car to go on a "Mystery Ride" Then, we went to Burger King (just to throw them off the trail) Then, we stopped at Target and I ran in to buy the kids a new movie to watch on the way.

After we had been on the freeway for a while with the kids constantly asking where we were going, I heard "we have suitcases in the back!!" Once they figured out we were staying overnight somewhere, they were even more excited.

Our first stop was the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. This was a fun little zoo, but I have no pictures because we forgot the camera in the car and Kirk didn't want to go back for it. The best part was when the kids (and Kirk) were able to feed and pet the giraffes.

Next, we went to the Olympic Training Center. This place was really great, and it was a good opportunity to talk to the kids about making goals and achieving them.




Bobsled from the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics

Olivia is our Gold Medalist!


Our tired Olympian


Our tired Pre-teen.


We LOVED the Olympic Gift Shop!



We also visited the Ghost Town Museum. It's very small, but very fun.

New mode of transportation


This one was too rickety to climb on.


Get along little doggies


I need to talk to my friends on this party line!


Giddy Up!




I think the best part for the kids was the water slide at our hotel. The pool was tiny, but the slide was great. I didn't go on the slide (I was kind of breaking the rules by being in the pool in the first place!) Olivia even went down with Kirk a couple of time. Monique does not like to get her face wet, so the last thing she wanted to do was go down a big slide!



Saturday morning, when we still had lots of plans for a fun day, Izabella puked all over the bathroom. Glad it was in the bathroom!


I don't feel well!


SEE YA LATER DUDES!

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

What a fun adventure! I LOVE the idea of a mystery ride with suitcases packed for an overnight stay! The slide at the pool sounds like a blast. Glad you were able to get out of the house for a fun adventure!

PS. Would it really be a vacation if someone didn't get sick?