Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter 2010



We are total slackers and forgot to get new batteries for our camera, so we have no pictures of Easter morning. We did have fun though!

We waited until Bella came home from Utah to color our eggs, so the night before, we were up kind of late coloring eggs. After coloring our eggs, we put our baskets out with empty, plastic eggs, and the next morning the eggs were all hidden and full of CANDY! The kids had a fantastic time finding all of them.

After finding the eggs, the kids tore into their baskets. Every year the Easter Bunny brings us books. Izabella received the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Sea of Monsters. Monique received "David Goes to School," (part of the "No David" series) Olivia received "Meet Olivia!" She loves hearing her name as we read about Olivia the Pig.

Because it was conference Sunday, it was a very relaxed day. We watched conference, ate candy and enjoyed a wonderful family day. I made a nice ham dinner (which the kids didn't eat much of because of all the chocolate) and loved the day with my family.

The next Sunday, the girls wore their Easter dresses. Izabella does not want to match with her sisters anymore so I made them all the same style but different. I saw these really cute dresses at Target with a t-shirt top and a skirt. I could not bring myself to pay what they wanted for them when I knew I could make them so easily. I bought in-expensive t-shirts, cut them off and added the skirt (which I already had a pattern for) Izabella's was even easier since she had the 1 1/2 black elastic in the middle. I just sewed the skirt and top right to the elastic. It was super fun and I think they turned out really cute! (of course, I made matching dresses for their American Girl Dolls. We forgot to take a picture of Izabella's doll!) I covered a headband with matching fabric for Izabella, and then covered headbands with embroidered daisies for Olivia and Monique.













2 comments:

TammaRamma said...

What do you mean Izabella doesn't want to match her sisters! Ha ha ha! I once bought matching brown bowling shirts from the D.I. for me and Jared! I could never understand why he didn't want to wear them together! =]

Gilbrides said...

Sew cute! ;)