Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Ambitious Girl





What Do You Want to Be
When You Grow Up?

Izabella wrote this story for school. I think it is so cute and typical Bella. It reminded me of all the things I wanted to be when I was 7 years old. Some things I have accomplished, and some things I haven't. I always wanted to be a mom, and I'm blessed to have three little, sweet spirits entrusted to me. I do still have a few childhood dreams to fulfill. It's funny, because, just like Bella, I have always wanted to be a teacher. I also wanted to be an archaeologist. Leave a comment about what you wanted to be when you grew up...it would be fun to see all the different childhood aspirations!

5 comments:

TammaRamma said...

I wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer! And a stewardess (they were NOT called Flight Attendants back then!). At different times I wanted to also be a teacher, (what was I thinking!) a fashion designer, and of course of mother (which I am so lucky to be!) I never dreamed I’d end up a photographer (they’re all so weird!). Anyways, I enjoy what I do, and I think that’s what matters the most! Just for the record, whenever we ask Kirby what he wants to be, he always says he wants to be a Dad.

Dottie said...

That is an awesome thing for Kirby to want to be. I love it when my kids tell me they want to be a Mommy just like me. It makes me realize I'm not doing everything wrong. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer!

daltongirl said...

Bella is darling!

In fourth grade I wrote a paper on what I wanted to be--a mom. My teacher called my mom in and told her she had concerns that I didn't have any ambition (this was during the ERA movement). So I had to write the paper over in order to get a grade. I was so mad that I wrote all about how I wanted to be a demolition worker and work the giant demolition ball. Hmph!

What I really wanted to be was a famous opera singer. So I guess I have achieved one of my goals--not too bad.

Anonymous said...

That lil' gal' is just darn right' darlin! Smart lil' thang too!

Michael said...

Awesome piece of writing (and good penmanship, too).

Good to know you have something in common with Picard, Dottie (other than the ability to yell "Shut Up, Wesley!" with authority).

I wanted to be a designer of sports cars, an architect, and a teacher.

It only took me about 20 jobs to realize I wanted to be a commercial fiction writer. Ah well, better late than never.