Monday, October 6, 2008

PRIMARY PARTY


We had an AWESOME activity for our cute Primary kids. They did such a fantastic job on the Primary Program, we had to reward them. We decided to still do something churchie, so their ticket into the party was a letter to one of our missionaries.



These boys are excited for the party!


We split all the kids into 4 groups

FAB FRIENDS ************ SUPER STARS


COOL CREW ************ TERRIFIC TEAM

We had four fun, fun, fun stations for the kids to rotate through.

BALLOON ANIMALS

Thanks Chaz and Lisa for sharpening your balloon skills and making the kids some really fun and interesting animals, swords, some things
I couldn't recognize...


MUSICAL RUGS CAKE WALK


The kids played musical "chairs" using rugs instead of chairs. (Olivia just ran around the middle of the circle, we couldn't get her to stop even though she wasn't really playing the game. Whether it was the cookies, or the running with the big kids, I don't know, but this was her favorite room.) When they were out, they decorated a cookie with all the rainbow sprinkles and colored sugar their little hearts desired, and then the sugar rush began!

Our winners picked a cake from one of the many wonderful cakes donated by Ward members


This is the cake I donated, and the lucky winner!
(isn't he just a cutie?!)


UNDER THE SEA


In our Under the Sea room, the kids danced in the bubbles, fished at the fish pond, and ate all kinds of healthy snacks. I think the goldfish were the biggest hit. Olivia, as you can see, loved all the bubbles and had a great time chasing and popping them.


STRETCH FOR TWISTER



Boy, we have some flexible kids in our Primary. They are excellent Twister players. I'd pick them for my team anytime!


My counselors and secretary are amazing and make my job so much easier. Also, we had many teachers volunteer to help out. Thanks so much to everyone for a really successful party.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like a fabulous party! Aren't kids cute. I'm impressed with the cake you decorated!

karen said...

I love Sara's Glasses. My have the kids changed. I can pick out most of them but there were some I didnt recognize. I saw Emily H there. I assume she did have her baby. Looks like you guys had so much fun.

I can say the primary activities were a lot more fun there. The last one we had here the prim. presidency TALKED to the kids for like 45 minutes on certain topics and then they got to go in a room and have happy meals and watch HSM sing-along until parents came.

Miss you and all the families there.

Gilbrides said...

okay seriously Dottie, I wish I lived closer to you so you could teach me how to make awesome cakes. That Hulk cake is so cool! I am totally impressed and I am sure the winner was so excited to have the coolest cake ever!