Friday, October 31, 2008

Playing with Knives



This takes a lot of concentration!







Ahhhh..pumpkin carving day. All the guts, all the stringy mess, and oh the knives! Kirk always grabs some crazy big knife, and this time he let Izabella use it. (of course, after he opened the wrong end of the pumpkin. For some reason, he can't tell the top from the bottom) I usually have the girls draw a face on the pumpkin, and then I carve it for them. While I was carving Izabella's for her, I looked over, and Kirk had given her the big, really sharp knife, and she was going at his pumpkin for him. Monique was really proud of her pumpkin. You can't see it, but we put an "M" for Monique on the back of her jacko. Olivia liked sticking her hand inside. She just kept sticking her hand in, and then laughing. It was great entertainment for her. My pumpkin had become a little mushy, so it started to fall apart, so I had to do some surgery to keep it together. Thanks to Grandma for carving Olivia's pumpkin.

The finished products


2 comments:

Gilbrides said...

I love it! They are all so great. I have to admit that I wasn't as excited to carve my pumpkin as I was to decide how I was going to cook it ;)

TammaRamma said...

I got to carve three pumpkins this year! Luckily they were kinda mushy, so it was easy! One of them was even a small green one.